Reading 24/7 with myON
The myON reader program is available for ALL Selma City Schools' students for the 2018-2019 school year. Capstone Digital, the parent publishing company of myON, is providing the eBook digital reading program to Selma City Schools' students with over 7,000 titles. Students can read eBooks from any location that has Internet connection 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Students access the books online at www.myon.com on any web-enabled device and have the capability to download books to read offline using the myON free mobile app. Students can immediately take a myON test. Accelerated Reader tests are linked to myON books and should be taken the next school day. For after hours login support, dial (334) 553-3430.
What is Accelerated Reader?
AR is a program used to motivate students to increase their reading & vocabulary comprehension and guide them to independent reading. AR is the world’s most popular reading program; used in nearly 60,000 schools. There is a proven link between strong reading skills and academic success – great readers make great students! This compliments the school’s goal of having each Edgewood student read independently at least 20 minutes per day at home. At home AR tests are not permitted. Students must take tests on school campus during regular school hours.
How does AR work?
- Each student is tested & assigned a reading range & point goal.
- Students then choose an AR book or myON book based on their interest and reading level.
- When they are finished reading the book, the student takes the AR test to assess their comprehension.
- The student earns points for mastering the material on the test. They earn full points by answering all test questions correctly. (Students who average at least an 80% on tests taken are considered to understand what they read at an average level.)
- A TOPS report is posted online at HomeConnect each week if a student takes an AR test.
To log in to Home Connect Website:
Our librarian, Ms. Dozier, will sponsor reading challenges throughout the year to promote literacy through the library. Please encourage and support your child’s participation. If you experience technical difficulties, please call 334-553-3430.
NEW RESOURCE ALERT!!!
PebbleGo is a curricular content hub specifically designed for K-2 students. Packed with informational articles, ready-made activities, and literacy supports for students of all abilities, it boosts engagement and fosters independent learning in core subject areas. K-3rd grade: Animals, Science, Biographies, Social Studies, and Health
PebbleGo Next provides a natural next step for 3rd-5th grade students with articles all aligned to state and national standards with a familiar, yet age-appropriate, experience and supports. PebbleGo Next: States, Science, American Indian History, Social Studies, and Biographies.
Your students will love exploring PebbleGo and PebbleGo Next time and time again.
Login for PebbleGo: